March was an intense month of progress for the Cornucopias team, as we are hurtling towards the release of the Racing Game. This release will be a huge milestone for the brand - in addition to providing the first publicly playable intro to Cornucopias, it represents a microcosm of the full Metaverse. Players will get their first taste of Dome environments, Bubblejetts, Cornucopias NPCs and more. The amount of amazing design and development the team has poured into these projects has been incredible, and we can’t wait to share their work with you.
- This month we’ve been focused on getting all of our business and backend systems prepped for events surrounding the Racing Game launch. We’re finishing up our testing system which will allow users to participate in certain aspects of game testing based on certain NFTs within associated wallets. We’re also prepping for sales of new NFTs.
- The AI revolution is changing the way many people do business, and Cornucopias is riding that wave as well. In addition to using AI to streamline our coding process, we are also exploring options for in-game AI. On our drawing board are features that will allow players to ask informal questions to assets & characters within the game and receive natural language responses.
- There were no new hires in March, with our team heads-down in anticipation of the Racing Game release. We plan to resume expanding the team in June, once we’ve recovered some bandwidth for training & expansion.
- Internally, we’re focusing on our team’s health & wellness as we deal with the stresses of this intense period of development. Our entire team now has access to Headspace, a meditation & mindfulness app, and are working to ensure that they’re prioritizing their mental health during a stressful pre-release stretch.
0x new employees joined the Cornucopias internal team in April 2023.
Total Internal Employees/Contractors: 29
Total working on Cornucopias: 50+
- In March we saw the release of 5 COPI Cafes, with Rob and Josh tackling topics from our ongoing game development to rocket science to the impending realities of the AI revolution. Make sure to check them out as well!
This month Matt has worked with the Art & Development teams to provide another beautiful overview of our game progress in March. See below:
We’re currently all-hands on deck to get the Racing Game in your hands, so most of our current bandwidth is dedicated there. That said, we’re still making progress on Solace - with a lot of the environmental features produced there to be used in the Racing Game. As soon as it’s released, we’ll be pivoting to put more energy into the development of Solace and Custom Domes.
The end of the tunnel is in sight! This month we resolved major questions about multiplayer hosting / functionality and have a clear path to integrating with player profiles / wallets. Our system now has the ability to detect NFTs in wallets associated with player profiles and will use those to assign Testing roles for the Racing Game (we’ll be using this same system for testing the Metaverse sectors when they’re available later this year).
The internal team is already racing custom Bubblejetts along the test tracks, and we’re rapidly approaching internal multiplayer testing. This means we’re not too far off from the sounds of screaming as Rob and Josh seek to destroy each other on the initial test tracks.
While we’re working out final features & bugs with the race tracks themselves, we’re also working on the staging areas of the game. These will be lobby-type areas where players will be able to choose their vehicles, gear and tracks.
Next month we’ll be releasing some footage of our internal testing of the Racing Game. Rob and Josh have already installed capture cards in anticipation of their upcoming race-off, which should take place in the next week or so, after the first internal build is uploaded to our multiplayer servers.
On the Web side, we’re finishing up all the tasks supporting the Racing Game launch. Player Profiles can now read NFTs and Discord designations, which we’ll use to delegate testing access once we’re in Beta. This month we also completed the sign-up wizard, which will take players through the account creation process and associate with outside assets like Discord & wallets.
Development on the Metaverse Launcher is nearly complete, with final touches being made to the interface, News & FAQ sections and integrating the player profile APIs. In anticipation of the upcoming testing phase, we’re also finalizing our bug / error feedback portal. This partially automated system will allow us to get valuable data on any glitches in the game and allow our team to fix them ASAP. For anyone who will be joining us in the testing process, your feedback will be critical!
- Twitter Followers: 44k
- Discord Members: 40k
- YouTube Subscribers: 10.4k
- Telegram Members: 4.3k
- Instagram: 2.48k
- Facebook Followers: 1.1k
- COPI StakePool: 28.8m ₳ staked from 4,722 Delegates, 1,928 Blocks produced
- GYS StakePool: 1.9m ₳ staked from 91 Delegates, 324 Blocks produced
Over the coming weeks, we’ll be focused on rolling out the Racing Game’s alpha release and giving the community their first playable glimpses into the world of Cornucopias. You may have noticed that production of COPICafe has slowed, with only one new episode in recent weeks. We’re saving up for something big in Episode 50, so stay tuned for some very special content heading your way.
Until then, here’s wishing you a very happy spring from all of us at Cornucopias!