Comment on page
The Cornucopias team was once again running full tilt last month, with the delivery of our very first user-facing functionality. With the soft launch for public testing of our Player Profile and the upcoming alpha release of the Metaverse Launcher, we’re moving into a new phase of development and prepping for everyone to get their first live taste of the Calido Valley Racing Mega Dome. If you haven’t signed up to get your Player Profile, connect your wallet and get in line for the Cornucopias Racing League - stop what you’re doing and register! We can’t wait to see you all at the Raceway.
While we’re busy at work with final tasks related to the Metaverse Launcher and Calido Valley Raceway, we’re also spinning up a few new initiatives in our Community and with strategic partners like DEGA - all paving the way for the release of our first playable content. Here’s a quick overview of our activities in May:
As recently announced, Cornucopias will be partnering with DEGA (a tech startup dedicated to making Web3 technology accessible to developers of all stripes) to create L2 gaming layer Player & NFT stats for our Metaverse. We’ll be announcing more about what this means for your gaming experience in the coming weeks, but for now we’re excited to join forces to bring more visibility and programming diversity to the Cardano blockchain.
1x new employee joined the Cornucopias internal team in May 2023.
- 1x YouTube Presenter
Total Internal Employees/Contractors: 30
Total working on Cornucopias: 50+
May saw the release of the long-awaited COPI Cafe 50, featuring an exclusive look at the Calido Valley Raceway & surrounding dome. Founders Rob and Josh had a great time chasing each other around the dome and exploring the environment on our new EC2 multiplayer servers.
On the art side, while we’re mostly finishing assets needed for the racing game we’re already looking past Racing and on to the Metaverse. Current tasks include:
- Avatar System
- Motion controls for playable & non-playable characters
- Furniture builds
- Hats & Clothes for Characters & NPCs
- Buildings for the Calido Valley Resort and Raceway
- Enhanced foliage for plants & trees
- Fluid dynamics for water, smoke, etc.
- Enhance signage for the raceway
- Pit Stop Pavilion
- Pavilion with ramped exits for future use in longer races / tournaments
- GameLift / EC2 Servers
- Our DevOps team continues to work on making multiplayer a reality on US & UK servers, allowing our team to begin internal testing
- Developer Kit Implementation
- Final touches to Racing Mechanics
- Improvements to flying system, collision mechanics, avatar interaction, etc.
We’ve also been blessed with another in-depth dev update from Matt and the game team (see below):
Behold its glory
May was a HUGE month for the web team, and June will be a doozy as well. Our primary tasks this month have been:
- Alpha release of Player Profile system, including:
- Discord integration
- Crypto wallet integration
- 2FA & Security
- Account Management
- Player Roles
Now that Player Profiles have been released, we’re moving on the in-game role system that will allow us to parse out beta testing to different users based on NFT holdings:
The initial build of our Launcher is nearly complete, with internal testing set to begin by the week of 6/12. Organizationally, we’ll be moving the Launcher initiative into the same silo as the Web team to further integrate all efforts pertaining to player profiles & game integration. We’ll have more to share in the coming weeks as we prepare to get the Launcher into public testing.
Over the last few weeks, our community team has been hard at work paving the way for the upcoming Racing Game release. We rolled out some new initiatives, including:
- Gamification of our Discord activity by adding a Daily-Corn-Claim channel where community participants will receive points and bonuses for consecutive days of activity. We’re also introducing a raffle for chances to win prizes in random give-aways. We have our first give-away planned for early June.
- Introduced copi-graphics channel where we place high resolution graphics from the game. Still Photos originally, with expectations of Videos coming in June.
Here are some sneak peeks of the content from our “Graphics” channel:
- Twitter Followers: 44k
- Discord Members: 40k
- YouTube Subscribers: 10.3k
- Telegram Members: 4.3k
- Instagram: 2.48k
- Facebook Followers: 1.1k
- COPI StakePool: 27.6m ₳ staked from 4,726 Delegates, 2,032 Blocks produced
- GYS StakePool: 1.9m ₳ staked from 91 Delegates, 330 Blocks produced
If you’re not yet on the official Discord channel, you’re missing out! Make sure to join us there for daily updates, challenges & rewards.
We have a lot more news & content coming in June - stay tuned!